Despite such numbers, studies show that seven out of 10 adults do not know what to do with a child in a medical emergency, no matter whether dealing with burns, electrical accidents or other injuries or illnesses.
A basic First Aid on Children course can make all the difference to help or rescue a child in an emergency.
Do you know
- what choking in an infant or a child looks like and what to do?
- what to do if a child has a seizure or a febrile convulsion?
- about absence seizures?
- how to deal with a Pseudocroup attack?
Participants of the First Aid on Children course are parents, grandparents, care-takers, nannies, au-pairs as well as teachers of pre-school to elementary school children and employees of day-care centres.
The course covers basic first aid measures for children of all ages, from early infancy to pre-teen years. Additionally, typical childhood ailments and illnesses are discussed:
- Fever and fever convulsions
- Abdominal pain
- Diarrhoea and vomiting
- Prevention and management of poisoning
Duration: 9 hours
A presentation for parents, grandparents and caregivers and other interested individuals
- Information covered:
- Prevention strategies
- Hidden dangers of poisons and toxic substances
- Set up and philosophy of poison control centres
- National and international emergency numbers
- Managing a poisoned victim
Duration: approx. 2 hours
Contact me to host your own course or to discuss a custom-tailored course.