Luitgard Holzleg founded HEALTHY AND SAFE AWAY FROM HOME in 2006. Luitgard graduated as a medical doctor from the Faculty of Medicine of Mainz University, Germany and has experiences in paediatrics, surgery, anaesthesiology and general practice. She worked in Germany, the United Kingdom, and South Africa and volunteered in India.
Luitgard’s mission is to provide her customers with the highest quality first aid training in English in a non-English speaking environment.
HEALTHY AND SAFE AWAY FROM HOME has been providing first aid training and health presentations to the international community in Switzerland for more than 10 years.
HEALTHY AND SAFE AWAY FROM HOME was founded to provide the international community in Switzerland with the best possible first aid training in English by offering a programme accredited by the Swiss authorities and at the same time understanding the need of customers to transfer knowledge and skills to countries across the globe. Being a small company HEALTHY AND SAFE AWAY FROM HOME is able to offer courses designed to suit customers’ needs.
Luitgard provides a friendly environment with lots of practical exercises, role-play and scenarios. Customers leave her courses feeling confident about their first aid abilities and prepared to help in an emergency.
As an AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics) accredited instructor she works with international and bilingual schools across Switzerland to train teaching staff in first aid as part of a school’s health and safety programme.
Luitgard holds Swiss and international accreditations:
- SRC (Swiss Resuscitation Council)
- SGS (Société Général de Surveillance) (the Swiss office of accreditation of first aid instructors)
- AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- HSE (Health and Safety Executive, UK)
Her AAP accreditations include:
- PedFACTS (Pediatric First Aid for Caregivers and Teachers)
- BLAST (Babysitter Lessons and Safety Training)
- PEPP Provider (Pediatric Education for Pre-Hospital Professionals)
Her HSE accreditations include:
- First Aid at Work Trainer/Assessor
- First Aid at Work Refresher Trainer/Assessor
- Emergency First Aid at Work Trainer/Assessor (Level 2)
- Paediatric First Aid Trainer/Assessor (Level 1 & 2)
- CPR/AED Trainer/Assessor (Level 2)
- Activity First Aid Trainer (Level 1 & 2)
- Emergency Response Trainer
Luitgard is passionate about always being up-to-date on new developments, especially in resuscitation and emergency care.
She has been a member of the Ärztekammer (Chamber of Physicians) Westfalen Lippe, Germany since 1993.